Lifehacker Managing Editor
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The A.V. Club, and The Onion, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the role
Are you an enthusiastic editor whose love of words is matched only by your not-so-secret obsession with organization? Would you enjoy nothing more than keeping Lifehacker’s daily editorial calendar and monthly budget in line? Are you a leader with excellent communication skills, as well as a skillful writer? Would you say you’re (healthily) preoccupied with optimizing every aspect of your life? Do you live and breathe the Lifehacker motto, “Do everything better”? Do you have at least 2 to 4 years of writing and editing experience, preferably at a lifestyle outlet? If so, then hello, ideal applicant.
As managing editor, you will:
- Be organized and (yes, everyone says it, but we really mean it) detail-oriented
- Be a careful, creative editor and copy editor
- Have strong opinions and a witty, conversational writing voice
- Be psyched to help the Lifehacker grow in scope, output and audience
- Manage schedules, budgets and deadlines for Lifehacker’s editorial, video and podcast endeavors
- Be an integral part of a small, fun, exciting team