VP of Technology
VP of Technology:
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 + million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
G/O Media is seeking a VP of Technology to join our fast paced and talented tech team.
About the role:
- Develop, hire and enable incredible engineering and product leaders and scale our team.
- Partner with our CTO to lead delivery, innovation, and business impact for global team of technologist.
- You will be accountable for the technology strategy in support of the business goals, mission and product strategies.
- Work with your team to develop and execute on a long-term technology road map.
- You will be able to think beyond the immediate deliverables in order to G/O Media’s greater needs.
- Contribute to scoping and estimating discussions, evaluating proposed features and working with business teams as needed.
- Find creative but practical solutions to novel problems, whether related to technology, features, or process.
- Responsible for growing a healthy, collaborative engineering and product development culture in line with our values.
- Accountable for the growth and development of the technology function and its team members.
Who you are
- You thrive when developing great people along with great products.
- You have experience in hiring, coaching and growing high-performing teams across geographically and time zone dispersed locations.
- You are passionate about establishing strategies that enable teams to succeed.
- You have real-world experience scaling up and managing engineering teams and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”.
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the media industry.
- You have experience in building, delivering and managing products, systems or services across the full product life cycle.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization and in a variety of contexts.
- Comfortable with a flexible agile workflow and are able to shift gears quickly.
- Ability to dapt to fast iterations
- Continuous integration
- Experience with NodeJS - especially tweaking the server side performance
- Strong data analysis skills - you know what to look for and you can make decisions based on the data find
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.