Director, Ad Operations
New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, and The A.V. Club and reaches over 110 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is currently looking for a Director of Ad Operations to manage and implement ad operations and trafficking processes, inventory and campaign lifecycle management, and vendor management. As our Director of Ad Operations, you will work with technologies that make up our advertising technology stack, while making sure that we are delivering upon our promises to customers and delivering optimal revenue for the company. You will provide strategic and tactical input on ad products and work closely with the product team.
You will partner with leadership both strategically and tactically as you monitor operations for our revenue-generating activities. You will be responsible for maximizing revenue growth through the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of go-to-market strategies, programs, systems/tools, and initiatives. The ideal candidate will be data-driven and analytical. This is a consultative position in which creativity and flexibility are required to find optimal solutions.
The Director of Ad Operations will lead the Ad Ops team, assure that traffickers have the support they need, and work with stakeholders to identify, adopt and optimize G/O Media's ad tech systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with product and tech teams to enhance ad serving solutions, revenue products and QA/Troubleshooting methodology
- Overseeing the digital advertising operations team
- Mentor, lead and grow the ad ops team while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Work closely with pre and post-sales support team to ensure successful delivery of all campaigns
- Clearly communicate advertising capabilities and needs with sales, business development, editorial, tech and product teams
- Work with sales and marketing to ensure go-to market strategy matches our ability to execute
- Manage weekly departmental meetings
- 7 -10 years of experience working in the digital media space, with 3 + years in a leadership role in Ad Operations
- Experience managing digital advertising campaigns across both direct and programmatic channels
- Demonstrated experience managing and building teams of 5 or more
- Debugging and troubleshooting
- High level of proficiency of media operation platforms (Google Ad Manager (DFP), SSPs, data management tools (such as a DMP or CMP))
- Strong understanding of Rich Media, VAST, VPAID
- Experience with campaign management in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.