Director, Programmatic Sales
New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, and The A.V. Club and reaches over 110 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Director, Programmatic Sales who will help us grow our programmatic revenue and elevate us in the decision making process for programmatic buyers and platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with account teams and decision-makers at agency trading desks and DSPs; be the voice of G/O Media at these partners and ensure G/O Media is top of mind
- Develop and implement tactics to increase our programmatic revenue, including evangelism, education and partnership with key ad tech players, with the goal of familiarizing them with G/O Media programmatic offering and positioning Collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, and Operations to maximize revenue growth through the programmatic channel
- Collect, prioritize, and share feedback with Product and Operations to support the optimal evolution of our Programmatic offering
- Collaborate with Field Sales Team to support client enablement and spend growth, including work on specific private marketplace deals
- Assess and understand the programmatic landscape, develop strong trading desk relationships (account level and above), create relationship maps and subsequent engagement plans; partner with the agency team and field team when appropriate to work through complex relationships
- Help develop marketing strategies to influence media planners, buyers & partners
- Serve as a Programmatic channel expert for both internal and external teams
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Programmatic Advertising Technologies (Ad Exchanges, Deal IDs, RTB, DSPs, DMPs, SSPs, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of Marketing/Agency/Advertising experience
- Prior experience with publisher monetization platforms and tools, including Google Ad Exchange and Header Bidding partners
- Experience with programmatic/channel launch activities
- Demonstrated communication, client and time management, negotiation, conflict resolution, and presentation skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position is based at our headquarters in New York City.