G/O Media Summer 2020 Internship
New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
Are you a rising undergraduate, graduate, or recently graduated student with a strong interest in digital multimedia journalism? G/O Media is seeking sharp, curious, and fun aspiring journalists and media professionals to join us for our Summer 2020 Internship Program. This is an eight-week, full-time paid internship based out of our New York City office. The internships generally take place over the end of June, July, and August, with start dates being somewhat flexible. Each intern is assigned to a specific site or to our Social/Video/Podcasts teams.
- Internships are open to full-time juniors, seniors, or graduate students. In some instances, we will accept recently graduated students
- Internships are paid, so proof of proper work authorization will be required
- Interns must be available full-time, for a minimum of 8 weeks over the summer, and must be able to work out of our NYC office
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Social Media chops and a good understanding of the use of visuals, particularly video
- A knowledge of and passion for some or many of our journalism brands
- Previous journalism internships or body of work on campus/off-campus publications, preferably digital
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position is based at G/O Media’s HQ in New York City.