New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Facilities Manager to join our Operations team in our NYC office. The Facilities Manager will report directly to the CFO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the property teams by leading, assisting, and providing guidance on all MEP, R&M, housekeeping, safety and health related issues, exercising strong decision-making and judgement calls where needed
- Develop short- and long-term facility maintenance plans for multiple offices
- Drive the completion and distribution of plans for new and existing locations.
- Manage all facilities tickets submitted via tracking platform. Ensure timely responses to requests, select the right vendors and close out tickets as required.
- Act as point of contact for landlords and property management on issues pertaining to construction, COI, deliveries, daily safety and facilities, compliance with local safety regulations
- Assist with budgetary analysis and capital improvement requirements for multiple sites
- Maintain and update safety plans for multiple sites, which includes adhering to all state and local codes, deliver all internal Emergency trainings, provide site by site safety compliance analysis
- Property management inclusive of sub tenants at our Chicago location
- Manage oversight of reception/front desk
- Manage catering/pantry services for locations
- Oversight of mailroom services, floor planning, construction assignments, moving coordination, and onsite logistics for events, conferences, meetings
- Eager and ready to work in a fast-paced environment with a “can do” attitude
- Able to communicate vertically and laterally with confidence and clarity
- Must have 5+ years of facilities experience working in Class A high-rise office building and experience working with and overseeing unionized and non-unionized labor
- Experience working in large meeting venues, driven to coordinate and execute all needs and requests to meet high standards
- Hands-on knowledge of building trades is a huge plus, with the drive and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- CAD, VISIO, Microsoft Office proficiency required.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.