G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Supervising Post-Producer who can manage a small team of editors and designers in delivering high-quality videos across our network of sites. The ideal candidate should have prior management experience in an editorial setting as well as have extensive knowledge of editing and post workflows. A background in digital asset management systems is preferred.
Candidates MUST have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in post production in an editorial setting
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and is up-to-date on changing editing technology
- Ability to manage a post-production team, handle day to day operations, scheduling, and offer creative and technical solutions
- Highly organized, proactive, and able to pivot resources and priorities to changing deadlines
- Ability to maintain delivery standards and develop efficient workflows
- Familiarity in handling digital asset management systems and procedures, working with IT to maintain server usage and efficiency
- Good communication skills, able to relay clear information while collaborating with upper management and keeping the post team in the loop
- Ability to mentor team members that may have less production knowledge to help educate and train
- Ability to collaborate with other producers in a cooperative and diverse team setting
Candidates should also have:
- Understanding of different cameras and formats, ability to operate a camera a plus
- Experiencing managing a team of 4+ editors
- Understand production workflows and processes
- Proficiency in animation and motion graphics a plus
- Ability to manage and maintain production budgets and invoices
- Have good contacts with freelance editors, audio engineers, colorists, and graphic designers
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position is based in New York.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.