Several classic shrines were entered today into Gizmodo's Apple iPod shrine-building contest. As you contemplate the nature of this particular devotional, ponder these questions:
- Is this shrine worthy of a video iPod?
- Is the desire for a second iPod not at odds with the Buddhist way?
- Would his holiness the Dalai Lama podcast or video podcast?
- Is Apple leading us nearer to or farther from path to enlightenment?
- Mmm... Donuts.
- Please answer these questions in the comments area below. And keep building those shrines, the Apple iPod giveaway is far from over. Entries must be accompanied by a photograph in JPG format 72 dpi, max 400 pixels on the top side, please NO HUGE PHOTOS OR WE WILL CRY (download Gimp if you don t have a good photo editor—along with two or three sentences describing the devotional, its symbology and what makes it sacred. Send entries to email@example.com with IPOD SHRINE in the subject line. Repeat: Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line IPOD SHRINE, all others will be unceremoniously deleted.