This week Lifehacker instructs on how to be a cheap bastard that uses a duct tape wallet, how to make your Linux machine like a Mac, how to diagnose network health and how to make your desktop look like that.
• StandaloneStack for Windows
• Make a duct tape wallet to match your duct tape pants, duct tape shirt and duct tape underoos. What, don't use duct tape for clothing? Then why would you use a duct tape wallet?
• This Nexus dock for Windows has Leopard-esque effects
• Lifehacker's Firefox addon pack
• Use Netalyzer to see your network health
• Change your Windows 7 logon button set
Apple MacBook Air Laptop
The M1 chip delivers 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation all while using way less power. Get up to 18 hours of battery life.
• Turn your old CDs into a DIY iPod dock
• Give your Linux a Mac look. Very useful if you're envious of OS X but don't want to give up the privilege of spending hours looking for the correct drivers for things
• Lifehacker's food week roundup
• Set up a high speed photography studio in your garage
• Google Wave Q&A
• The Starlight desktop