Astronomy & planetary science news this week that didn't make the Space subsite:
- Volcanology around the solar system, a comparison of eruptions on Io and Venus
- An art project photographing chalkboards after quantum mechanics lectures.
- Air gaps: pretty much essential for marine navigation.
- How did the BICEP-2 team keep their results secret until the press conference? (spoiler: By agreeing to stay silent until they were sure.)
- NASA did not predict the collapse of civilization, despite an overhyped news-cycle saying they did.
- Reoccurring bouquets at Mission Control from NASA's not-so-secret admirers.
- Life on Titan would be really weird.
Photograph by Miguel Claro of the full moon at Cape Espichel lighthouse. Used with permission, thank you!