Waffles or pancakes? You have to pick waffles, right? Only people who eat vanilla ice cream would swear by pancakes. Waffles are delicious! Waffles are perfect! Waffles make everything better. Unless you're in a police lineup, then you should stay away from the waffles.
The rest of this week's top comedy videos, including Alyssa Milano, getting cut from Iron Man 3 and being a modern comedian, can all be found over at Splitsider.
Other highlights from the week in comedy:
- Chris Hardwick signed on to host a new Comedy Central late night show with Tom Lennon and Ben Garant as showrunners.
- HBO renewed Veep for a third season, and Adult Swim renewed The Eric Andre Show for a second one.
- We checked out Marc Maron's new book Attempting Normal, looked back on some of the best episodes of his podcast, and talked with the man himself about his new IFC show Maron.
- Inspired by Maron, we picked ten comedy podcasts that would make great TV shows.
- We talked to Matt Walsh about HBO's Veep, to Bo Burnham about his new MTV show, and to stand-ups Nikki Glaser and Dan Soder about their Comedy Central Half Hour specials.
- The Blue Collar guys are opening a $200 million theme park.
- We gave you a guide to Toronto's comedy scene.
- Twitter and Comedy Central held an online comedy festival, beginning with Judd Apatow moderating a discussion between Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks.
- Kurt Braunohler debuted a podcast on the Nerdist Network.
- We looked at Comedy Central's new series Inside Amy Schumer, profiled stand-up Ardie Fuqua, considered our begrudging respect for Rob Schneider, and published one writer's call for backup.
- We recommend the week's best podcasts, which includes Todd Barry's new show and Todd Glass's 100th episode, and this week in funny Vines, featuring Key and Peele, Nick Swardson, and Maria Bamford.
Splitsider is a website about comedy and the people who create it. It covers movies, TV shows, web videos, books and any other format that exists to make you laugh.