You know what commercial I can't get out of my head? The Amex commercial the one where faces are found where they shouldn't be. That's the Shooting Challenge for this week. Make inanimate objects animate.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos need to be taken the week of the contest. (No portfolio linking or it spoils the "challenge" part.)
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings and technique used to snag the shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Include 800px image AND something wallpaper sized in email.
Send your best entries by Sunday at 6PM Eastern to email@example.com with "Anthropomorphism" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs or GIFs at 800 pixels wide, and use a FirstnameLastname.jpg naming convention using whatever name you want to be credited with. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email. ALSO, AND THIS IS SOMEWHAT NEW, ATTACH A 2560x1600 JPEG AS WELL FOR PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD AS WALLPAPER. [Image]
And for a little inspiration/free product placement:
Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge is a weekly opportunity to dust off that fancy dSLR and experiment with hundreds of others in a new photography theme announced every Wednesday. May the best shot rule the internet for a week!
You can easily follow Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge on Facebook: Facebook.com/ShootingChallenge