While Joel's getting settled at CES—and I should remind Joel right now that the Vegas Strip hookers are actually not an official part of CES—let's catch up on bits of the morning news:
· What Apple won't ever, ever give you: the iPhone.
· What you can actually get for your Apple products: iPod gadgets, including iBoom, iBoost, and the memorably named iTop Button Relocator.
· Gadgets enter the age of design before tech. [Splitting the Adam]
· Video on demand inches closer to usefulness: Cinema Now makes deal with MSN TV.
· Free(ish) Crackberry through Orbitz. [Hotel Chatter.]
· Holographic disk storage: fantasy hologram girlfriend not included. [Tom's Hardware]