My head has barely stopped spinning over the sneak peek of the RED Scarlet 2/3" camera, yet there's already a schedule for her release and some more pictures of the beauty. Best part? Looks like she'll be available this summer.
As a refresher, Scarlet brings some rather nice features:
* Increased REDCODE data rates
* New FLUT Color, Gamma and Sensitivity Science. Now same as EPIC.
* More extensive modular system integration.
* Interchangeable Lens mounts including focus and iris control of electronic RED, Canon and Nikon lenses, along with Zoom data (Scarlet 2/3" Interchangeable)
* "Touch Focus Tracking" with electronic lens mounts and RED touchscreen LCD's (Scarlet 2/3" Interchangeable and 8x Fixed)
* Two independent microphone level channels, balanced input circuits, 48V Phantom Power, digitized at 24-bit 48KHz.
* GigaBit Ethernet port
* Scaled 1080P at 60fps
Now onto the eye candy we both know you came here for. Meet Scarlet and her band of lenses and accessories:
Assuming everything goes according to schedule, we'll be seeing this line of cameras in the summer of 2010, while some of the lenses will be out as early as December. Yeah, I won't be getting them either, but I'll keep drooling anyway. [RedUser]