Audiophile. That'd be a nice distinction to have. But what makes an audiophile, really? An obsession with high fidelity audio, for one thing. But also the ownership of incredible-sounding, incredibly-expensive gear, like these $1700 Ultrasone Edition 8 headphones.
If you were an audiophile, you could appreciate the finer points of the Edition 8s' specifications:
• Principle: Dynamic / Closed
• Impedance: 30 Ohm
• Driver size: 40mm Titanium plated
• Magnet: NdFeB
• Frequency range: 6 – 42.000 Hz
• SPL: 96 dB
• Weight (excl. cord): 260g
• USC Cord length: 1,2m (OFC Cable)
• USC Extension cable 4m (OFC Cable)
• 3,5mm gold plated plugs
• Adapter 3,5/6,3mm gold plated
• ULE technology
But I'll break it down for the laypeople: The Ultrasone Edition 8s, of which only 888 pairs are being made, cost a hell of a lot of money, yes, but they'll also make you feel like you're listening to music for the very first time, on the best drugs you've ever taken, naked, laying on a beach of pure white sand as soft as a cloud. Or so I hear.