The person we're looking for knows and gets technology, gadgets, design and the internet crazy amazingly well. They're smart, and snappy, like cybernetic whips. And they've got at least two years of tech journalism experience.
To the requirements:
• For the night position, based in Europe or Asia (fluency in written English required! Obviously!) or a crazy-but-reliable-night owl. You'll be writing and editing from night time to early morning, East Coast time.
• For the weekend position, based in the US is bestest, since you'll be writing and editing during normal East Coast hours.
• Know technology. Know news. Know internet culture. Be awesome.
• At least two years writing about gadgets or technology professionally—for a website, a newspaper or magazine. Sorry kids, this isn't optional!
• A strong editorial sense: The ability to find the most important news, most killer image or most amazing thing at that very moment, package it beautifully and get it up fast. (This is super duper uper critical.)
The night gig is full time; the weekend gig, well, you know. The pay and benefits are competitive. The job will love you. Apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "late night writer" or "weekend writer." No attachments. We're really looking forward to hearing from you, if you are excellent.