The Everest climb is a notoriously nasty expedition. Here's an inside look at some of the gear used to climb that icy mountain fortress, from the earliest expeditions to today's tech-filled ventures.
One of these days I'd like to climb Everest (29,002 ft)
I'm hoping to get to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,341 ft) by the end of next year.
So far I've been slowly progressing my climbs as the opportunities present themselves.
Over the past years I summited (via hiking and rock climbing):
- Cathedral Ledg: USA: 1,155 ft
- Arenal Volcano: Costa Rica: 5,358 ft
- Mt. Washington: USA: 6,288 ft
- Mt. Fuji: Japan: 12,388 ft
- Mt. Kinabalu: Malaysia: 13,455 ft
Started small and working my way up slowly, but surely.