Another week down, and we're half way through Month One on Toybox - here's a round-up of our best material from the past 7 days.
After a strong first week, it's with amazing surprise that I can say that half way to October, Toybox has seen a fantastic 255k US Uniques so far, 153k of that from this week alone. Nearly there for the September target of 300k already! It turns out you guys really like Comic books and Star Wars. Who'da thought it? Once again, thank you all so much for your support so far.
Comics and Star Wars might have been the highlights of Week 2, but there's been plenty else going on - We took a look at the universe behind Destiny, saw some fantastic Brienne Cosplay (I seriously still cannot get over how good that was), were baffled by Japanese Batman, and still had time to ask if genre storytellers could knock it down a few notches. This was the week that was in Pop Culture!
The Best of The Best
A veritable handful of Toybox's features and biggest stories of the week.
- Marvel's new Thor is so worthy, she actually rewrites Mjolnir's oath
- What does this surprising new guest star mean for Agents of SHIELD?
- A Quick Guide to the Worldbuilding of Destiny
- A new Roleplaying Game that puts you and your friends in the Apocalypse
- Is this what Daisy Ridley's Star Wars character looks like?
- Space Hulk is back for a limited run of claustrophobic Xeno shenanigans
And The Best of The Rest
Not every Toybox story gets to grace the front pages of io9. Here's a few things you might have missed.
- Behold, the first figure of Peter Capaldi in his 12th Doctor outfit
- A Japanese city has its own, Police-approved Batman
- The Original Star Trek in Widescreen is pretty damn cool
- Gwen Stacey takes on the mantle of Spider-Woman in this new One Shot
The only way to get it all though? Keep your eyes on Toybox.
You're reading Toybox, io9's new blog for all things pop culture. From merchandise to awesome fan creations, TV recaps and critical commentary on the hot topics of the day, you can find it all here!