November marches onwards! Let's remind ourselves of the past week in all things Toybox, shall we?
As some bigger hits left the month's tracking data, combined with a week that started out great and petered out by the end (what the hell Friday, you disappoint me so), the average Monthly US People dropped this week, down to 790k. It was to be expected - if anything, I expect a continual decline to something similar to September's numbers, outside of some random, super well-performing post akin to Palpatine's name again - but still I don't think I've the right to complain about a dip that still keeps me well over double the requirements of the Recruits program. The best I can do is ensure the site does well enough to maintain that 300k average for the next 3 weeks, and so far it's doing that. So yay!
It was an interesting week too - less really focused on the here and now, but thoughts about the past. I took umbrage with Doctor Who's reliance on the past, which lead to an equally interesting debate about the double edged sword of Nostalgia in Pop Culture. But there was still fun! Batman '66 made its presence known with its glorious HD polish, as well as a look at 10 must watch episodes of the kooky series. There were toys, both absurd and badass, and as ever, some great creations by artists and fans. Here's the week that was in Toybox's coverage.
The Best of The Best
A veritable handful of Toybox's features and biggest stories of the week.
- Doctor Who needs to let go of the Past
- This is how much better Batman '66 looks on Blu-Ray
- 10 Wacky, Must-Watch stories from Batman '66
- Cards Against Humanity is getting a dose of Science, right now!
- The coolest Star-Lord Cosplay is made out of Lego
And The Best of The Rest
Not every Toybox story gets to grace the front pages of io9. Here's a few things you might have missed.
- Not to be outdone, Megatron also transforms into a video game console
- These souvenir magnets for fictional destinations also come in Gif form
- Combine your love of Sleep and Cosplay with Marvel-themed sleeping bags
- This Rocket Raccoon is 3 Feet tall, made of Foam and yours for $350
The only way to get it all though? Keep your eyes on Toybox.
You're reading Toybox, io9's new blog for all things pop culture. From merchandise to awesome fan creations, TV recaps and critical commentary on the hot topics of the day, you can find it all here!