Koder for iPad: Nerds Rejoice! You Can Code on Your iPad

We may earn a commission from links on this page.

Do you know what nerds like? CODING. Do you know what nerds don't like? The iPad. But for the 9 nerds who own an iPad, Koder plays both sides. You can tap in all the ,/._;{ crazy symbols you want.

What's it do?

It's a code editor app for the iPad, which is a little like throwing a manual transmission in a Prius. There's probably only a handful of dudes who would want such a thing. You either love the iPad for what it is or swear yourself to a Windows Tablet or something mo' flexible. No matter though, Koder for iPad has a lot of what you'll need to geek out: syntax highlighting, a snippet manager, tabbed editing, find and replace, keyboard shortcuts, FTP, Dropbox, iDisk and local storage, etc.


Why do we like it?

I'm totally trying to be a "cool nerd" by grouping all nerds as Apple haters. That's not true, sorry! So silly generalizations aside, Koder is good at what it sets out to do: there's easy way to transfer, versatile ways to edit code and hell, even themes to make coding look better. And since the iPad is such a great travel computer, Koder lets, um, coders leave their laptops behind. It's like a good text editor for writers (but obviously code-focused). Sure, probably 95% of the people using an iPad won't ever have a use for it but for the other 5%, it fulfills a Java-sized hole. If you code, you'll love Koder. If you don't, move along.



Download this app for:

The Best

You can code on the iPad

The Worst

You're coding on an iPad