It's a Gizmodo tradition. Every year, we ask you to photograph the beautiful colors of fall. So for this week's Shooting Challenge, we want you to share your best fall photos, taken any time this year.
Take a photo of fall's amazing leaves. Or share one you've taken it any time in 2014.
The images of fall practically photograph themselves. You have a blue sky, juxtaposed against orange leaves. They're complementary colors that, because of sheer physics, will pop to your eye.
But to those who'd like to push their own technique, my favorite leaf photography tutorial is still this one at Photojojo. It runs the gamut from equipment to exposure. Take a look if you haven't taken your photograph yet.
Our lead image, by flickr's Zack Dischner. I dig the weird, imperfect leaf he set up as a subject. It's your fall leaf photo, but it's anything but cliche.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken this season.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a natively sized image in email. I know that your photo may not fall into those exact high rez dimensions, so whatever native resolution you're using is fine.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, October 27 at 10 AM Eastern to email@example.com with "Fall" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameFall.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameFallWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions.