We’ve all had a mother, and so by nature, we all owe one a thank-you. Given that Mother’s Day is this Sunday, let’s celebrate it in photography. Take a photo that says thanks to your mom.
Take a photo tribute to your mom. It doesn’t have to be of your mom! It can be of anything you like.
I’m not telling you how be a grateful child on Mother’s Day! Do your thing. And try to expose it properly.
Our lead image is by flickr’s Gaby Av. It’s a shot of her 11 year-old cousin’s card to his mom. It’s great because it’s this simple, earnest artifact, you know?
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken this week.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a 2560px wide image in email. I know that your photo may not fall into those exact high rez dimensions, so whatever native resolution you’re using is fine.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, May 11th at 10 AM Eastern to email@example.com with “Mom” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameMom.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameMomWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions.