David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest is one of those encyclopedic books that you'd be proud to say you actually finished. Just don't suggest it as a title for your book club. Trust us.
For the rest of this week's top comedy videos, head on over to Splitsider. Now for the news!
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un declares Seth Rogen and James Franco's new comedy, The Interview, an 'Act of War'. Then they launched three missiles.
- Funny or Die releases the lineup for their second ever Oddball Tour — and it's amazing.
- FYI: Amazon is taking comedy series submissions again.
- We check out how the legal marijuana industry is helping to elevate Denver's comedy scene.
- We take a look at Jason Sudeikis's long and versatile career on Saturday Night Live.
- Even stranger than the Kim Jong-un/Seth Rogen standoff, here comes David Hasselhoff's very own Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- We examine David Wain's They Came Together and his style of exuberant parody.
- Comedy Central's digital wing released their first full-length film, Jason Nash Is Married. We talked with Jason Nash about the process.
- It's not looking good for a sixth season of Community.
- We talk to Ron Funches about his 'adorable' image, Fortune Feimster on her break into stand-up comedy,Carmen Lynch about her unique career path, and long-time Letterman writer Bill Scheft on the Late Show, writing novels vs. writing jokes, and Stephen Colbert.
- Mike Sacks's Poking a Dead Frog was released this week, and it's full of amazing comedy interviews.
- We talk to SNL's James Downey on working with Norm Macdonald and getting fired for making fun of OJ Simpson.
- In preparation for Season Two of Nathan For You, Nathan Fielder has started posting pictures to Instagram. And they all contain the same hidden pornographic image.
- New York indie comedy darling Chris Gethard plans to screen his Comedy Central pilot only for winners of aGame of Thrones-style tournament.
- Paul Scheer has put NTSF on hiatus, and has announced development of new shows at Adult Swim and HBO.
- We recommended the week's best podcasts, the Twitter feed of @MattMcElaney, and went behind the scenes of web series With Friends Like These with its creators.