Whoever decided to make Kenny Powers the spokesman for K-Swiss doesn't just deserve a raise. They deserve a medal. Because watching the East Bound & Down character shill sneakers isn't just the next best thing to the show itself; it's even better. Here are some bionic missiles, Bruce Lee, and cheetahs for proof.
Oh, and in case you were wondering: yes, it continues to get more and more ridiculous, and no, none of it makes any sense. Full video below:
The rest of this week's top web comedy videos, including racist Jeremy Lin headlines, an Oscars drinking game for Sunday, and Cormac McCarthy Pictionary can be found over at Splitsider.
Other highlights from the week in comedy:
- The Best Sitcom Episode Ever Tournament has reached a white-hot crescendo with the FINAL FOUR. Community. Fawlty Towers. The Simpsons. Arrested Development. Who has your vote?
- We gave you the world's first Stefon-inspired art show.
- Well, well, well, look who's coming back on March 15. (Community is!)
- Did Bridesmaids deserve its Best Picture snub?
- We do not support A Part Thai'd Restaurant.
- We went inside The Adventures of Pete & Pete.
- We remembered Robert Downey Jr.'s time on SNL.
- 30 Rock has gone soft, and America can't decide if we like it.
- We spoke with expat Louis Zezeran about the comedy scene in Estonia.
- We turned another page in the Everything Is Terrible tour journal.
- Wherefore art thou, lost projects of David Wain?
- We campaigned for more realistic treatment of campaigns in political comedies.
- We brought you inside the Home Movies DVD commentary.
- We watched a fiery Richard Pryor appearance on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show.
Splitsider is a website about comedy and the people who create it. It covers movies, TV shows, web videos, books and any other format that exists to make you laugh.