Love reading Gizmodo? Have more than a little tech ability? Looking for a job? This is the post for you.
We're looking for a new Office IT person for Gawker tech (in New York). Think you have the right skills? Here's what we need, besides you living in the NYC area:
• Know how to fix both PCs and Macs
• Know how to install software on both PCs and Macs (this should be easy if you passed that first one)
• Be able to diagnose PC and Mac issues
• Knowledge of basic networking, Unix/Linux
• Willing to work with hardware as well as software
• Willing to do heavy lifting (I don't imagine that you're going to be forced to give piggyback rides, so think more like moving equipment around)
• Will be mostly doing desktop/laptop support, basic networking in the office with occasional trips to the data center to assist
• This is a part-time position
If you think this is the job to you, email email@example.com with the subject "Office IT". It's a nice place to work, which can't really be expressed in bullet point form. You do get to hang out with people from Giz and the other Gawker sites on a daily basis, so add that to your "plus" column if you really want to see Frucci every day.