In what seems to be an ongoing string of new product launches, Logitech today introduces its Wave keyboard ($49.99) and Cordless Desktop Wave system ($89.99), both available in late August.
The star of the show is Logitech's first ergonomic keyboard in a while. Its contoured design and cushioning hold your wrists comfortably in place, while the keys themselves have their own waves, to cup your fingers gently. We actually showed it to you a while back when it hit the FCC, but the pic was a top-down view which couldn't convey the comforting waviness. The desktop set adds an ambidextrous cordless laser mouse that looks vaguely familiar, though I can't place it. The mouse's big trick is a Windows Vista Flip 3D button, and it can go for six months on a set of batteries. (The keyboard can go for 15.)
Fact Sheet Logitech® Cordless Desktop Wave™ Get More Done, with More Comfort Announcement Date: July 26, 2007 Shipping: Late August 2007 Price: $89.99 Available at: www.logitech.com
Because the average computer user types more than 2,000,000 keystrokes per year, the Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave mouse-and-keyboard combination introduces a new design for more comfort. The Logitech Comfort Wave Design naturally guides people's hands into a more comfortable position, while the high-performance laser mouse provides superior precision and rubber side grips.
• Logitech Comfort Wave Design combines Logitech's new wave key design, a U-shaped constant curve and a cushioned palm rest to guide people's hands into a more natural position - significantly increasing comfort.
• Wave key design gradually varies the vertical position of the keys, taking into consideration the length of people's fingers. The keyboard's wave-shaped contour comfortably and naturally cradles the user's fingers.
• Constant curve positions the consistently-sized keys in a gentle U-shaped curve so the wrists and arms are at a more natural angle.
• Cushioned palm rest provides a comfortable surface for the palms.
• High-performance laser mouse is designed to complement the striking design of the keyboard. Its laser tracking engine provides pixel-precise navigation, while soft rubber grips on either side of the mouse support both left- and right-handed users.
• Laser tracking outperforms optical mice. Laser technology delivers smoother cursor control on virtually any surface (except mirrors or clear glass).
• Tilt Wheel with Flip 3D enables side-to-side scrolling and quick access to Flip 3D on computers running Windows Vista™.
• Programmable buttons add extra hand-control.
• Logitech cordless technology provides a hassle-free wireless experience and reduces cord chaos.
• Easy-access hot keys make accessing frequently used applications and Web sites as easy as the push of a button.
• Media buttons offer one-touch control of media (e.g. Play/Pause, Volume, Mute and more).
• Long battery life of up to 15 months of typing and 6 months of mousing power. Both mouse and keyboard take two AA batteries. Battery status indicators help users avoid unexpected surprises.
• PC with Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Macintosh® computer with Mac® OS X (10.2.8 or above)
• 1 available USB port
• CD-ROM drive