Research in Motion (RIM)'s Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0, known as Argon, will launch in the second quarter of 2009 and will include more user-friendly functions, like the ability to view attachments in calendar entries.
Some of the improvements will include:
• Retrieve corporate documents behind firewalls
• Add, read, rename and delete folders on the handset and have those changes be applied to the desktop email client
• Create rules within the inbox to filter email and have those changes be applied to the desktop
• View attachments in calendar entries and meeting requests
• Download and store emails and email attachments onto microSD cards
Over-the-air updates will also be easier for administrators and users in this new version of BES.