Red, yellow and blue. They're the most famous set of primary colors. And for this week's Shooting Challenge, you're going to capture them—all three of them—in one photo.
Photograph a scene with red, yellow and blue as its primary (no pun intended) focus.
This is a tough challenge in that, while anyone can take a photo of three crayons, how do you spot the real life serendipity that will make a good shot great? I have no advice for that. But I can say, if you're going the route of a more staged photographic approach, a black or white backdrop will allow the primary colors to pop. (Plus, if you inject other colors, it will actually clash with the color relationship at play.)
Our lead image is from deanfotos66. I like that it's an abstraction of what appears to be paint, or some other setup that could have yielded a very typical shot. So I guess if all else fails, consider that approach.
0. No watermarks. They're so ugly.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken since this contest was announced.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a native resolution sized shot in email.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, June 17 at 10AM Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Primary" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnamePrimary.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnamePrimaryWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don't skip this story part because it's often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!