Apple announced a lot of new goodies yesterday, but it didn't touch the Apple TV. People who were hoping to install apps on their Apple TV were disappointed. But it's okay, because the Roku 3—probably the best media streaming box—has had channels and games for a while, and right now it's on sale.
Roku streamers are really nice. They've got access to an unbelievable amount of "channels," including all the majors (except YouTube): Netflix, Amazon, Hulu Plus, MLB. If there's a streaming service, there's a good chance that you can install its channel—or "app"—which is exactly the feature what Apple TV users wanted to hear announced yesterday.
Right now with the code ROKU10, Target's selling the Roku 3 for $90. There are other Rokus available, but I'd recommend going with the latest and greatest. At $90, it's very much worth the extra $10 over the last generation. It's a good time to pick it up—it's still a newish gadget and right now it's the lowest price we've seen. [Target]
• Roku 3 ($90) | Target | Use coupon code ROKU10
• Boston Acoustics Soundware XS Digital Cinema with Dolby Digital Decoding Optimized Virtual Surround ($249.99) | Amazon | LHP
• 10% Off One Item at Staples | Restrictions Apply
• $7 TV Antenna | Meritline via Fatwallet | Use coupon code MLCKDM10L1
• FiiO E17 USB DAC ($98) | BuyDig | Use coupon code AMP30
• Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance FPS Gaming Mouse ($54.99) | Amazon | LHP
• Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset ($98.98) | Amazon | LHP
Stacking two codes leads to one of the best Sodastream deals we've seen since Christmas. [Home Depot]
• SodaStream Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker Starter Kit ($59) | Home Depot | Stack codesGIFT4DAD and HDDAD5 | $80 on Amazon
• E-Z Up Sierra II™ Canopy ($56.99) | Sears | $80 elsewhere
• Celestron 21024 FirstScope Telescope ($24.22) | Amazon | LHP
• Philips Sonicare Xtreme e3000 Power Toothbrush ($15.95) | Amazon | After $4 Coupon
• SodaStream Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker Starter Kit - ($58.99) | Home Depot | Stack codes GIFT4DAD and HDDAD5
• Kryptonite New York U-Lock ($37) | Amazon | Normally $70 | Choose Amazon under more buying choices
The Moneysaver kills it every day with the best gaming deals (hint: every game eventually becomes cheap, it's just a matter of when) so from now on we'll just be posting the highlights here.
• Dishonored ($20) | Steam | Normally $30 | DLC also on sale
• Papo & Yo [Steam] ($7.50) | Amazon | Normally $15 | As we explained in ourcoverage of Amazon’s Indie Store, you get 3 FREE games with your purchase of a game from them, and today only, one of those games is Garshap: The Monster Slayer.
• Super Hexagon ($1) | Steam | Normally $3 | Works on Mac, super addicting game
• Rome: Total War ($1) | Steam | Normally $10
• Pre-order DualShock 4 Controller ($60) | Amazon
• Pre-order Playstation 4 Bundles | Gamestop
Xbox• Pre-order Xbox One ($499) | Amazon via Kotaku
The white version of the Klipsch S4i earbud is down to $45 for the first time. [Amazon]
• Apple iPod touch 32GB Black (4th Generation) ($204.99) | Amazon and Best Buy | These iPods will NOT get iOS 7.
• 25% off Crocs with code 25OFF and Free Shipping with JUNESHIP
Dumb TV → Smart TV
Roku sale up top.
Back in September, Leslie Horn was going through a The Wire phase. It's cool; we all go through phases binging in Bawl'more. At that time, Amazon was selling the complete series on DVD for $136, and now it's $80. Sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit. [Amazon]
• Young Frankenstein [Blu-ray] ($7.50) | Amazon
• Skyfall ($12.00) | Amazon
• The Hunger Games ($12.00) | Amazon
• The Wire: The Complete Series [DVD] ($80) | Amazon
• Stream the new Sigur Ros album free from Amazon
REPOST: Hate waiting for your 60 second queue before you download from Mediafire? They're knocking half off all their premium plans for the next week or so—meaning a Pro account starts at $2.50 per month. [Mediafire]
Listen: if you want a deal on an Android tablet and you don't need a camera, pick up a Nook HD now.
• 8GB Nook HD ($130) | Barnes & Noble | Originally $200
• 16GB Nook HD+ ($150) | Barnes & Noble | Originally $260
• TCL LE40FHDE3000 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV ($299.99) | Amazon | Matches LHP
• Sharp - AQUOS - 50" Class (49-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV ($499.99) | Best Buy | LHP by $30
• Nikon J2 w/ Kit Lens ($300) | Amazon via Photography Bay | $375 elsewhere
• Plasma Sky ($1) | Google Play | Normally $2
• TripIt Travel Organizer ($1) | Google Play | Normally $4
• Windows 8 Upgrade ($77) | B&H Photo | Normally $100
• FREE Grape Flavored Centrum Vitamins | Centrum
• FREE NASA Poster | KISS Printing
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.