Amish Woman Dies after Freak Laundry Accident

Well, this is awful. An Indian Amish woman died while doing laundry the old fashioned way—over a flaming pot of boiling water. It appears the flames got out of control, consuming and killing her with burns. Well.

Police say the accident occurred when the woman added more kerosene to the equation (don't do this), which exploded before her. She rejected hospital treatment in favor of Amish home remedies, which might have hastened (or caused) her death. Either way, as mentioned, awful. [CBS Local, Photo: Shutterstock/John Wollwerth]


Share This Story