Although Seiko was founded in the 19th century, it wasn't until the 1960 that they started challenging Swiss watchmakers with mass-produced mechanical timepieces. Sure, they weren't as elegant as some handmade watches, but they were much less expensive, and they were pretty damn nice in their own right. Leading Seiko's offensive were a slew of nice automatic diving watches, and the modern Monster model is part of that line.
The Monster is a beloved watch, and when Seiko updated it last year it there was much celebration from horology enthusiasts and watch forum nerds alike. Those watch nerds like to call the whole SKX line a "rite of passage" for burgeoning collectors. The new model has a 4R36 movement, a solid bezel and case, and it's water resistant to 200M (if you don't forget to screw in the crown.) The list price is $300 and the street price is around $200, but you're in luck: Amazon's running a Seiko watch promotion today. There's a lot of crap to sift through, but the Orange Monster is only $160, which is an awesome deal for a good mechanical watch. I know what you're thinking—orange?—but the Orange Monster is actually a classic color. If you want a Black Monster, it's $172.
If you want to know more about this specific model—how much time does it lose, where is it made, etc—here's a solid review. Then hurry back and add it to your cart: these prices fluctuate often and it probably won't be $160 for long. [Amazon]
Shut up baby. We know our Twitter is awesome: Follow @dealzmodo
Everything is perspective. To watch nerds, $160 for an Orange Monster is a steal. To some folks, they won't pay more than $10 for a quartz Casio F-91W. This Seiko 5 "military watch" falls in between. It's a mechanical watch, powered by Seiko's venerable Seiko 5 movement, and it's automatic, meaning that you don't have to wind it. It takes kinetic energy from your arm. It's also my watch and I love it—it's basically indestructable, and as opposed to a quartz watch, the second hand ticks several times every second. It's a nice piece of kit, and it's on sale over on Amazon as well today. At $54—street price is usually $75—it's a bargain. [Amazon]
• Seiko Orange Monster ($160) | Amazon via Fatwallet | Originally $200
• Seiko Black Monster ($172) | Amazon via Fatwallet | Originally $200
• Seiko 5 Black Military Style Watch ($54) | Amazon | Originally $80
• HDMI Cable ($0) | Newegg via Dealzon | Originally $21 | Ugh it costs $22 before rebate, and shipping is $2
• Logitech M310 Wireless Laser Mouse ($10) | Newegg via Edealinfo | Originally $35 | Use coupon code EMCXTVM233
• Sunpak Charger + AA Eneloop Batteries ($18) | Woot via 9to5Toys | Originally $40
• 5" TomTom ($100) | Tiger Direct via Tiger Direct | Originally $150?
• 3TB Fantom GreenDrive ($140) | Newegg via TechDealDigger | Originally $160
• 4TB Seagate Backup Plus External HD ($140) | Ebay via 9to5Toys | Originally $160 | If you missed last week's deal, here it is again on Ebay
• Kikkerland Robot Tea Infuser ($5.28) | Amazon via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $10
• 500GB Usenet Block ($20) | Newsgroup Direct via Fatwallet
Philips Wake-Up Light ($79) | Amazon via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $100 | Use coupon on page
• Steel Batallion [Xbox] ($9.41) | Amazon via Gamingaholic | Originally $30 | Requires Kinect
• Dark Souls [Steam] ($15) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $30
• Zone of the Elders ($21) | Amazon via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $30
• Assassin's Creeed: Ezio Trilogy ($23) | Groupon via @analogerik | Originally $40
• Dishonored [Xbox] ($30) | Amazon via Gamingaholic | Originally $60
• Xbox Live Gold 1-Year ($40) | Amazon via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $55
• Guild Wars 2 ($40) | Guild Wars via Reddit | Originally $60
• Battlefield 4 Pre-Order ($60) | Green Man Gaming via Dealzon | Originally $60 | BF4 preorders just went up, and if you must preorder, Green Man Gaming has the best extra goodies
• NeoGeo X Gold Console ($130) | Amazon via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $200
• Borderlands 2 DLC Sale | Get Games via Reddit
Timbuk2 Commuter 2.0 Small Laptop Bag ($35) | Zozi via Dealmac | Originally $70
• 70% off Topman | Top Shop via Reddit | Sizes vary, some women's stuff is on sale too
• 50% off J. Crew Factory In-Store | J. Crew Factory
• 40% Off Banana Republic | Banana Republic | Use coupon code BRSHOP40
• Hp Pavillion Sleekbook 15 ($550) | HP via Dealzon | Originally $650 | Use coupon code NB3273, this computer came out yesterday
• 14" Dell XPS w/ Hybrid SSD + GeForce 630M ($800) | Microsoft Store via Laptopaholic | Originally $1000
• 15" rMPB ($1850) | Rakuten via Laptopaholic | Originally $2000
• $100 Gift Card with Windows 8 Tablets | Amazon
No decent iOS app deals today, but you should check yesterday's post.
• Free Redbox Video Game Rental | Text NOWPLAY to 727272
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. We wade through virtual mall after cyber storefront to figure out what's actually a bargain. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.