You know, I'm not one to pass judgments, but I'm not Ace Hardware. [Consumerist]
These are insanely dangerous and should be pulled from the market.
The young granddaughter of a co-worker was playing by a couch, and she found a male ended power cord sticking out from under the couch. She, being a toddler, stuck it in her mouth. It was a live 120 volt line that the previous owner of the home had hacked together for an unknown reason. The current owners of the house had no idea that it was live.
She ended up frying her lips, blowing out the teeth in her bottom jaw, and badly damaging her tounge.