With the title, summary and line-up of The CW’s newest TV installment of the DC universe just announced, the heroes (and villains) of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will actually arrive sooner than you think! Hawkgirl, Rip Hunter and more will make their team debut on May 19th during The Flash season one finale.
For those of you who have been hearing drips and drabbles about the third Greg Berlanti-produced CW TV series for weeks now, here’s the full line-up (as of today):
• Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer, The Atom
• Clara Renee as Hawkgirl
• Doctor Who’s Arthur “Rory” Darvill as time-traveling hero Rip Hunter
• Caity Lotz, the first Black Canary on Arrow, in an unspecified role which may be a resurrected Black Canary or an entirely new character
• Prison Break’s Wentworth Miller as Flash villain Captain Cold
• Dominic Purcell, who played Wentworth Miller’s brother on Prison Break, as Captain Cold’s partner-in-crime Heat Wave
• Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein, who is half of the superhero Firestorm (along with Robbie Amell’s Ronnie Raymond)
• And last but not least, Attack the Block’s Franz Drameh as a character named Jay Johnston, who is described as “a former high school athlete, whose pro [sports] career was derailed by injury. Now making ends meets as an auto mechanic, Jay will come to have a surprising affiliation to the S.T.A.R. Labs crew” which sounds almost exactly like the DC superhero Cyborg, but who knows
If you’re wondering how and why this intensely mismatched team comes together, well, this first synopsis should clear it up:
When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?
See? Anyways, Legends of Tomorrow won’t premiere until this fall, but you can get an unofficial sneak peek when Hawkgirl, Rip Hunter and whoever the hell Lotz and Drameh are playing make their first appearance in the DC TV universe on The Flash season one finale, titled “Fast Enough.”
These four new characters will be joined by their new teammates The Atom, Dr. Stein, Captain Cold and Heat Wave. Honestly, Legends of Tomorrow sounds almost too weird to work, but given how great The Flash has been during its first season, I don’t even have to give it the benefit of the doubt. I’m just betting it’ll be pretty great. Is anyone particularly worried?
[Via Comic Book Resources]
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.