Maybe you’re not the religious type. Maybe you hate hard boiled eggs. Even still, for this week’s Shooting Challenge, I think we can all agree that Easter eggs are a very important message to nature that it got things wrong, and eggs really should come in fuchsia and teal.
Take a photograph of Easter eggs. You can be mid-dyeing them, or photograph the finished product. Just do your thing around the theme.
Dyeing the eggs is on you. But as for photographing them? You only need one tip. Just like food photography, they’ll come out best in natural, diffused light. What’s that mean? Assuming you’re inside, put your eggs by a window to take the photo.
Our lead image is by Carodean Road Designs. What I like about it is the fullness of the subject—there are a lot of eggs in that shot, and they aren’t just stuck in an egg carton. A little positioning of your egg(s) can do a lot to make your work look more professional.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken this week.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a 2560px wide image in email. I know that your photo may not fall into those exact high rez dimensions, so whatever native resolution you’re using is fine.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, April 6th at 10 AM Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Easter” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameEaster.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameEasterWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions.