Magicians guard their secrets with ferocity, although maybe not for the reasons you'd think. Sure, it's important to maintain an air of mystery and to prevent copycats. But as this Funny or Die exclusive shows, it's equally important not to publicize just what—and who—you had to go through to get those special powers.
Full video. And if for some reason you're at work right now, you might want to wait until you're safely back home:
The rest of this week's top comedy videos, including a bike to the future, a neti pot for the Super Bowl, and a good-looking Allen can be found over at Splitsider.
Other highlights from the week in comedy:
- Comedy Central renewed Kroll Show for a second season after just two episodes, while CBS renewed How I Met Your Mother for a ninth and final season.
- Amy Poehler is writing an illustrated, non-linear memoir due out sometime in 2014.
- We introduced you to the next wave of comedians on each coast.
- Jonathan Coulton's Glee 'cover' beat all the Glee songs in the charts.
- We took a look at Adam Levine's turn hosting SNL last week, the endearing goofiness of Mac de Marco's web videos, Darrell Hammond's tenure on SNL, the anarchic comedy of Gremlins, the lost roles of Peter Sellers, and @seriouslyemily's twitter feed. We also noted what 50 star comedians were doing when they were 25 and got a letter from Andi Sharavsky's anxiety.
- We recommend the week's best podcasts.