After 6 years of readers submitting photos to our weekly Shooting Challenge, Gizmodo is retiring the series. So for the final challenge, I want you to take your best shot.
Take a photo of anything you’d like.
The possibilities are endless, but let me call out a few fun options. You can take a photo of what you miss when you blink, or dump some oil on water to make instant abstract art. Capture the beauty of blur, or crank up the bokeh (remember when bokeh was in?).
Our lead shot is by Adam Kopelman from an old sunset challenge. It was taken in New Jersey. So don’t think you have to leave home to capture beautiful natural photography.
0. No watermarks. They’re so ugly.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken this week.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a native resolution sized shot in email.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, November 23rd at 10AM Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Best” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameBest.jpg (970px wide) naming convention. Include a story of the shot in a few sentences.
And have fun!