As the old saying goes, when you smell smoke there's probably a fire. In a Singaporian man's case, he smelled smoke, heard popping noises, and knew it was fire when he saw flames bursting coming out of his Dell laptop. He quickly plopped his machine into a sink put out the blaze.
Are these Dell laptop incidents related? The explosion was on a different side, but this is a different model so the battery could be in different places. But, there's only a handful of incidents so far, so we'll wait and see whether there really is a problem with the batteries Dell uses.
Check the jump for more pictures.