Fujitsu's M2010 is a 10.1-inch Windows XP netbook, based on Intel's 1.6 GHz Atom N270 processor and 945GSE chipset, with a 160GB HDD, 1GB of RAM, a 3-cell battery, a 1.3MP webcam and an integrated multi-card reader. Familiar, no?
That's what's so curious about the M2010—it really strikes me as just another netbook, and a somewhat late one at that. It's attractive, sure, but similarly-styled to the Aspire One, and certainly not flat-out gorgeous like the ASUS Seashell.
Stranger still is its price, which at $449 sits about $50-$100 above direct, functionally equivalent competitors from the likes of Dell, ASUS and Acer. PC Mag tested one, and confirmed as much, though they did compliment its bright, vivid screen and tasteful styling. Full specs below:
Genuine Windows® XP Home with Microsoft® Works 9.0 and Microsoft® Office Home
and Student 60-day Trial
Key specifications (Listed specifications are for the current model only and NOT for earlier models or revisions to this product.)
• Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 (1.6 GHz, 512 KB 8-way L2 cache, 533 MHz FSB)
• Mobile Intel® 945GSE
• One upgradeable DIMM slot; 1 GB DDR2 533 MHz memory SDRAM (1 GB x 1)
• LCD 10.1" WSVGA LED Backlit display
• Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 945GSE video graphics. Up to 128 MB
shared video memory using Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT)
• Maximum internal display: 1024 x 576, 16M colors
External monitor: 1600 x 1200, 16M colors
• 160 GB (SATA, 5400rpm)
• optical Drive NA
• Realtek codec ALC269 with High Definition (HD) audio
• Gigabit 10/100 Ethernet LAN
• Integrated 1.3 Megapixel Webcam
• Atheros® Wireless LAN (802.11 b/g); Bluetooth (V2.1) device for wireless personal area network communication, Wireless LAN antenna
• Touchpad curser control; 80-key full-size keyboard; 17.2 mm key pitch and 1.5 mm
key stroke, 1.3 mega-pixel webcam, built-in digital mono microphone
• One 15-pin D-SUB connector for VGA external monitor (see display specifications).
Three USB 2.0 (Universal Serial Bus) connectors for input/output devices, One DC
in connector, One LAN (RJ-45) connector, Stereo Headphone/line-out jack,
Stereo Microphone/line-in jack
• Memory Stick/Secure Digital/Memory Stick Pro/MultiMedia Card
(MS/SD/MSPro/MMC) Card slot
• Security lock slot
• Main battery: Lithium ion (3-cell, 10.8V 2400 mAh); Battery life: 2 hrs., 30mins.
• Autosensing 100-240V AC, 80W, supplying 19V DC, 3.16A
• Dimensions/weight 10.2" x 7.4" x 1.3"; approx. 2.5 lbs.
• operating temperature 41°F to 95°F / 5°C to 35°C (ambient temperature); 20% to 85% relative humidity,
non-condensing non-operating temperature 5°F to 140°F / -15°C to 60°C, 8% to 85% relative humidity; non-condensing