Last week, we had to can the results because only 3 photos were entered into the contest. 3! (The week before, we had almost 60.) So once again, please help me keep this section going strong—nothing makes me happier than seeing Gizmodo transition to cover not just press releases for gadgets, but the artistic products that said gadgets actually help produce.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos need to be taken the week of the contest. (No portfolio linking or it spoils the "challenge" part.)
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings and technique used to snag the shot.
4. Email submissions to email@example.com.
5. Include 800px image AND something wallpaper sized in email.
Send your best entries by Sunday at 6PM Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Happy New Year" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs or GIFs at 800 pixels wide and larger, and use a FirstnameLastname.jpg naming convention using whatever name you want to be credited with. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email. [Photo by Bubba Trout]
Follow Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge on Facebook
Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge is a weekly opportunity to dust off that fancy dSLR and experiment with hundreds of others in a new photography theme announced every Wednesday. May the best shot rule the internet for a week!
You can easily follow Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge on Facebook: Facebook.com/ShootingChallenge