Anime legend Hayao Miyazaki has a whimsical style and plot complexity all his own. But what if his masterpieces followed the anime tropes we know so well? Whoa Ponyo, you sure look, uh, different.
Check out the rest of this week's top comedy videos over on SplitSider. Now for the news!
- Both of Dan Harmon's shows, Community and Rick and Morty, aired their season finales. We reviewed both of their seasons.
- Fox is canceling its Saturday night animated block Fox ADHD, but it will continue on the web.
- SNL announced they're airing a 40th anniversary special next February.
- We made a videolist of Conan O'Brien's most memorable remote segments.
- CBS announced that Stephen Colbert will be a guest on Letterman next week.
- We ranked the recent slew of announced reboots and sequels in The Comedy Sequel and Reboot Tolerability Scale.
- Maya Rudolph's new variety special, The Maya Rudolph Show, will premiere May 19th and will feature a bunch of guest stars. Here's a videolist of her finest musical moments.
- We took a look at the first episode of FX's new dark comedy, Fargo, the early comedy of Jay Leno and Freddie Prinze, and the unproduced 2008 script of Beverly Hills Cop IV.
- Adam McKay, Will Ferrell, and John C. Reilly will potentially re-team for Border Guards.
- A Mrs. Doubtfire sequel is in development with Robin Williams attached.
- Contrary to many late night rumors, CBS denies talking with Chelsea Handler to take over The Late Late Show.
- We recommended the Twitter feed of Hampton Yount, the week's best podcasts, and we sat down with the creators of the web series, The Actress.