Screen Crush has put up a short video showing 15 things that you may or may not have known about The Lego Movie.
- The song "Everything is Awesome" is by Tegan and Sara and features The Lonely Island.
- Devo lead singer Mark Mothersbaugh composed the score for the movie.
- Everything in the movie is made to look like it was built out of Lego bricks. Every piece featured in the movie actually exists. The filmmakers utilized Lego Digital Designer to make sure they used elements from the official Lego catalog.
- If they had used real Lego elements, they would've needed 15 million bricks and 200 minifigures.
- The numbers floating around elements during their building in the movie are the actual Lego part numbers for the bricks in question.
- Scratches, fading and finger prints were added to the Lego elements in the movie to make it look like the movie was animated in stop motion, instead of computer generated.
- Emma Stone and Robert Downey Jr. were considered for the lead roles in the movie.
- Chris Miller and Phil Lord also directed 21 Jump Street staring Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Tatum and Hill play Superman and Green Lantern in The Lego Movie. In Emmet's apartment, there is a movie poster for Macho and the Nerd, which was the title for the Russian release of 21 Jump Street.
- This is the second time Will Forte has voiced Abraham Lincoln. The first was in animated series, Clone High, also by Phil Lord and Chris Miller.
- The filmmakers considered Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale to reprise the role as batman.
- President Business' company Octan, was featured in several Lego sets as an energy company before the movie release.
- Benny's cracked helmet is indicative of an issue with early Lego space sets where the helmets had a tendency to break in the same place.
- The word Lego is never spoken in the movie.
- Vitruvius plays a ragtime rendition of Everything is Awesome. Vitruvius is the the name of a Roman author and architect.
- Master Builder is an actual title at Lego. They are responsible for set creation and Lego sculptures.