John Tooker has put up an excellent guide to taking care of the yellowing of your white Lego brick utilizing hydrogen peroxide and a dash of the ever famous Oxy-clean. It is a problem that has plagued Lego modelers and old computer equipment collectors for decades, over time and with light exposure, this stuff starts looking gross.
- Put pieces into a plastic/glass tub
- Lightly dust pieces with Oxy-clean
- Submerge pieces in hydrogen peroxide (3% strength)
- Place in sunlight (optional)
- Once a day, add peroxide, stir if needed
- Rinse on the 5th day, or when white enough
Head over to his page for the full list of steps and before and after pictures.
You're reading Leg Godt, the blog with the latest Lego news and the best sets in the web. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook.