Live fish found in 12-year-old boy's lung

Plenty of kids accidentally swallow bugs or eat dirt while playing, but 12-year-old Anil Barela went a bit further: he accidentally inhaled a nine-centimeter fish while playing in river in central India's Khargone district. The fish was still alive and flapping when the doctors performed a bronchoscopy.


The fish was surgically removed, and all is well — except, perhaps, for the fish. The above video is in Hindi, but you can see footage from the bronchoscopy as well as the liberated (but likely dead) fish.

Fish found alive in boy's lung [The Telegraph via Oddity Central]



I guess you could say the kid is now...out of puff.