Villagers in Craigavon, South Africa, were convinced they were getting radiation poisoning from a broadband tower, so moaned to iBurst, the broadband company it belonged to. iBurst responded with this embarrassing reply:
"At this point it became apparent that the tower can, in no way, be the cause of the symptoms, as it was already switched off for many weeks, yet the residents still saw symptoms that come and go according to their proximity to the area."
Whoops! [Reddit via CrunchGear]
Image Credit: The Justified Sinner