The Lego group and MSC Cruises have announced a partnership that will put Lego themed play areas and entertainment on all of their new and retrofitted cruise ships. The partnership will even lead to a special MSC Cruise ship building set.
MSC Cruises CEO Gianni Onorato comments, "The LEGO Group and MSC Cruises are both family businesses – built on strong values – that are recognized worldwide, so our two companies are a great match. The LEGO Group bricks and toys are close to the hearts of millions of people who grew up playing with them, and with this partnership we hope to give our younger guests some magical memories that they'll treasure forever. We're proud to be able to make The LEGO Group a contributor to the MSC Cruises' concept, and I know our younger guests are going to love this exciting new addition."
Though MSC has been selling Lego sets in their cruise ship stores for some time now, the new partnership will add the following features to the MSC Armonia, which re-enters service on November 19th with its new upgrades.
- Lego Duplo for children under three, including fun games and challenges
- Classic Lego bricks and Vertical Play Wall for 7-11 year olds
- Building Happening for 6-11 year olds – themed builds with limited bricks
- Lego-branded games on consoles
- One Lego Experience Day per cruise where all participants get a special Lego Master Builder Diploma
- A new Lego mascot, named Sailor Walkabout, will join the MSC Cruises crew to meet and greet youngsters and add fun to on-board parades and events
The companies are also currently designing a Lego MSC Cruise ship set which will be available on MSC Cruises' fleet in the future.