Vote 2020 graphic
Everything you need to know about and expect during
the most important election of our lifetimes

Student's iPod Explodes During Class

Illustration for article titled Students iPod Explodes During Class

A Pentucket Regional High School science class got an unpleasant surprise yesterday when one student's iPod exploded on her desk. But don't worry! Nobody was hurt, and there's a perfectly good explanation.

Advertisement

While Apple has gotten in trouble in the past for spontaneous iPod Touch combustion, Newburyport Daily News Online commenter "jos" offered some valuable insight into this particularly incident:

The iPod did not just explode. It was broken so a kid took the entire thing apart and was rubbing wires against the battery, which became very hot, then exploded. This is not a faulty product that caused a danger to people. This was bored kids, in a classroom with a substitute all week, who found a dangerous way to entertain themselves.

Advertisement

So let me get this straight: either your iPod's a deadly time bomb just waiting to go boom at a moment's notice, or kids do dumb things when they're bored?

I feel so much safer already. [Newburyport Daily News via Cult of Mac]

Share This Story

Get our newsletter

DISCUSSION

rj-still-likes-tf2--a-lot--old
RJ still likes TF2. A lot.

And yet they still allow these on airplanes... but ban water bottles.