Instagram went down for a while today, bringing everybody's Saturday brunch routine to a screeching halt—how do I drink this latte without showing it to the world?! But these bros somehow found a way to have a weekend breakfast run that went even worse.
Check out the rest of this week's top comedy videos over at Splitsider. Now for the comedy news!
- CBS quickly announced that Stephen Colbert is taking over for David Letterman as host of Late Show in 2015. Now that The Colbert Report is set to end in December, we looked at Comedy Central's options for the soon-to-be open 11:30 time slot.
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are going to star as sisters in SNL writer Paula Pell's upcoming feature The Nest.
- Silicon Valley premiered on Sunday, and we talked to its star Thomas Middleditch about the new show. Plus, HBO made the pilot available for free online.
- Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele are producing a Police Academy reboot. A Gremlins reboot and a Goonies sequel are on the way, while Ghostbusters III continues to hit snags.
- We interviewed comedians W. Kamau Bell, Paul F. Tompkins, and Nick Frost.
- NBC launched its "Comedy Playground" initiative, a public competition to submit sitcom pilot pitches to be made into NBC shows.
- Brett Gelman and Jason Woliner made an Adult Swim special together that comes out later this month.
- The Simpsons reruns are debuting on FXX, starting with a 12-day marathon.
- We reviewed Harmontown, a documentary that follows Community creator Dan Harmon on tour with his podcast (also named Harmontown).
- In sadder news, standup and actor John Pinette passed away at age 50.