Peter Rosenthal's here this week to review the new Planet of the Apes movie. No, not the one from 2011. No, not the one from 2001. Nope, not 1973, 1972, 1971, 1970, or 1968. No, the other one.
For the rest of this week's top comedy videos, head on over to SplitSider. Now for the news!
- Here are this year's comedy Emmy nominations.
- Homestar Runner co-creator says he wants to revive the popular web cartoon.
- We talked to Maria Bamford about smaller audiences, international comedy scenes, and how she develops her act.
- The cast and writing staff for NBC's new sketch comedy was revealed.
- Weird Al just released the full track list for his new album Mandatory Fun. We looked back at Weird Al's first appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
- We listed the eight longest-lasting SNL cast member tenures, and profiled each of them.
- We talked to Nathan Fielder about fascinating people, social awkwardness, and taking 'Nathan for You' abroad.
- In another edition of "Sketch Anatomy," Jimmy Kimmel Live! writer Jeff Loveness dissects The Lonely Island'sThe 'Bu.
- We took a look at Annie Hall and Woody Allen's experimental visual film style.
- We talked to tonight's Comedy Central Half Hour comedians Rachel Feinstein and Damien Lemon, and Kurt Metzger about his Comedy Central hour special.
- Tom Lennon and Ben Garant look back at Reno 911! and a possible distant-future reunion.
- IFC orders a Spoils of Babylon sequel called The Spoils Before Dying.
- We recommended the week's best podcasts, the web series The Amazing Gayl Pile, and the Twitter feed of Emily Blotnick.