Following up on the previous warranty change that extended everyone to a year of coverage (up from 90 days), Microsoft's just revamped it yet again for the good of mankind. Here's what's new:
• Free shipping and free postage paid container
• If your box is still under warranty, they will extend your coverage 90 days or the duration of the warranty (whichever is longer)
• If your box is out of warranty, they'll give you an entire year of coverage starting from when you get your console back
• Microsoft will try and give you your original console back
• They'll try and get all repairs done and back to you within five days
All in all, great stuff, which makes us happy since our 360 is one disc-read failure away from us being in tears.