The theory that technology and pets aren't the best mix is supported by a recent incident in Port Townsend, Washington. In that town, a sleepy kitten caused a kitchen fire by napping on top of a toaster oven.
Apparently the feline was merely trying to find a spot where it wouldn't be bothered by the family dog and in the process wound up stepping on a lever on the toaster oven. The resulting fire was put out with a garden hose and no one—not even the kitten—got hurt. [SF Gate]
Image by sa2324/ShutterStock